Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wishin', and hopin', and prayin'

In my last post, I mentioned that I was hoping to keep on the blog train with two project posts this week. Ha ha ha! Joke's on me. I had zero time this week for crafting...it has been all about packing, packing, packing, with a dash of fun thrown in here and there. Tomorrow this shows up in my driveway


and I will be so happy to banish all the boxes piled in the garage ! (I know I have to unpack them next week...but for a few days they'll be outta my hair!)

So really for this week's wishlist, I should be wanting a teleporter to magically move all my stuff, or if that fails, a giant crew of strong men who would move it for free...but of course I have some material wants. Without further ado, here's what I've had my eye on lately:


Ahhhh! I just have to let out a scream for these little beauties! I love the modern look and the cool (literally cool -- like icy, calming -- not just like groovy) colors. I think these would look super chic in our future bathroom or bedroom. Alas, since we're not moved I am indeed holding off and waiting until we're settled -- that way, I can see if some spot needs a little artsy lovin'! Or I could always attempt a little DIY...with 3 Dollar Tree canvases, some paint, and a steady hand, I might possibly recreate this!

2. Fiesta Pitcher ($45 at Kohl's, but available in consignment or thrift stores if you hunt!) in...I can't pick a color!


What do you guys think, persimmon or turquoise? As I've said before, I love the look of the Fiestaware and I can't wait to start my collection!

3. "Good Things Happen Over Coffee" sign from Amazon.com ($19.99).
Any "How I Met Your Mother" fans (love that show!) should recognize this sign. One of the main sets of the show is Ted's apartment, and he has this adorable sign hanging in his kitchen. I've fallen in love with the sign, and a quick google search told me its location. I might consider snagging it once our kitchen is unpacked and I see if we have any space.

Normally I'd list 5 things on my wishlist....but I am so busy that I have to go pack right now! I promise more updates will be made soon. Until the big move I am spending every possible moment with the people I love, so the blog may be a little neglected! But check back in a while for updates on Montana and the apartment :)




Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came to your blog from I heart organizing because I wanted to give you some IKEA shopping advice. Usually the stores are on 2 or 3 levels. You start out at the top and it has the display rooms where they show you how it can look in your home. Then you find the restaurant. Great food for little money.

    Then the other floors have the market place which is all the smaller housewares and the last spot is where you get the large packaged stuff that you found on the top floor. Most stores have all the "goods" on one floor.

    It isn't a store you can walk in and out of easily and quickly even if you know what you want, so give yourself plenty of time (if you are able to).

    I love going there because of the stuff they have and because my parents are from Sweden and I can find favorite foods (chocolate, marzipan cake, and more).

    Have a great trip!


    Katharine @ Kat's Almost Purrfect World
    http://katspurrfectboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to get feedback from my readers, or hear a little more about them!

Pin It button on image hover