Sunday, February 26, 2012

Salt and Pepa's here



Just a quick post to share an easy peasy antique jar makeover!

In January, I picked up two fun cork containers from my absolute favorite antique store, the Kansas City River Market Antique Mall. It's four levels of awesome vintage finds. I've picked up many a mason jar from there over the years and I hit it up every few months or so to see the new goodies. You can read about another trip I took there in this post.

I decided to fill the jars with salt and pepper. It's so annoying when I run out of either spice when cooking and have to dig the large containers out of our cabinets, so I wanted a pretty storage option I could leave out on the counter. Plus, their wide mouths make it easy for me to reach in and grab a pinch of both spices to sprinkle over food.


Once filled, they looked pretty good, but of course I wanted to spice (har, har) them up a little more. So I grabbed some chalkboard labels and a chalk pen, and voila!


Now they look right at home by our olive oil jar.


Love :)




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to get feedback from my readers, or hear a little more about them!

Pin It button on image hover