Friday, May 11, 2012

Fab Finds: Bin There, Done That

I recently had my first real bin experience at Goodwill. After waiting forever for a parking spot--my store seriously needs more parking!--I walked in and saw a few workers hauling out some bins. I figured "Oh, they're just putting out the new wares! I'll back off and give them some space!"

Then I noticed many of the customers gathering around the bins and pawing through them. It wasn't exactly mass chaos, but it was clear: if I wanted to find some treasures, I needed to get while the gettin' was good!

So I entered the fray and dug through the bins. I managed to grab two pretty things without suffering a scratch: a Glasbake dish with a pretty green floral pattern ($2.99), and a large lidded jar with a scalloped design at its edges ($1.49).



I'll be adding the dish to my kitchen vignette soon.


Along with my bin finds, I came away with many other things. Of course, a collection of milk glass:


At $0.29-$0.99 each, I really couldn't resist. I have a growing collection atop our kitchen island cubby now!

In addition to the Goodwill, I once again hit up both YWCA Secret Seconds stores and found a pretty green pedestal dish ($4) and a unique glass blown candle holder ($6). At $10 total, these two were a bit of a splurge for a thrift store, but I've never seen anything like them, so I went ahead and spoiled myself!




Have you ever had a bin experience? Or spent a little more on a thrift store piece because it's not something you see all the time? 




Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to do some Goodwill hunting with you this summer!

    Just blogged about your cat...read it now, hot off the press!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to get feedback from my readers, or hear a little more about them!

Pin It button on image hover